Monday, August 30, 2010

Living Room

The suite at the Hotel Monaco was amazing and it all began with a couple step entry.  The closet was the first thing I saw and it was a nice size and included a safe.  It also had animal print lingerie and robes available for purchase.


Straight past the closet was a nice deep chair that became my home away from home for this trip to Chicago.


The chair pointed out to a huge flat screen TV that, unfortunately, did not have any HD reception.  This was the low-light of the room, but not a big deal.


There was a good sized coffee table set in between the chair and TV and against the window was a large sofa.


Here's a closer look at the soft green material and red pillow.


The couch was comfortable to sit and lay on for watching TV, but because it had a pull-out bed the edges were a little hard.

Last, but not least there was a work station with plenty of outlets for all technology I would have.


The desk would also double as a dining table for two.  I cleared the desk and called for room service provided by the South Water Kitchen.  20 minutes later a pulled pork sandwich arrived.  This was the fastest room service I've ever had.


The pulled pork sandwich was excellent as was the Rogue Ale.  I left the tray outside after my meal and it was gone about 30 minutes later when I left my room. 

The fantastic service I was greeted with at check in was brought to room service.  As the great service at Hotel Monaco continued throughout the week I was less in awe and just happy to have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment