Saturday, August 28, 2010

Checking In

When I arrived at the Hotel Monaco I was greeted at my cab by a bellman who greeted me kindly and asked for my name.  He asked how I was and asked for my name, which was a first from a bellman.  He walked my bag to the desk and passed on my name.  The woman behind my desk was very cheerful and had a warm and inviting smile.  (Side note: she would greet me by name every time I walked by the desk, nice touch.)

 
I was a little frazzled when I was checking in as I wanted to review a 200 page report so I could enjoy go out and enjoy Chicago.  I arrived at noon, knowing check in was at 3, I was just hoping that a room would be ready.  Unfortunately the room I had on hold (King, non-smoking) wasn't ready.  Not knowing there was a Starbucks on 3 of the 4 corners of my street, I asked if there was somewhere I could go to grab wifi and a cup of coffee so I could download and review the report.  She clicked away a little more and smiled. 

There was a suite available right then and there for no additional charge!  I was stoked!  Not only would I have a suite, but I could review this report and get to town! 

Even further, she pointed out that there was iced coffee available in the lobby or she could send up a coffee maker!  I was now doubly frazzled and declined both.  I figured I would bang away the report and go find some coffee. 

I headed up to the room and was floored by the suite...

No comments:

Post a Comment